Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Ambulance

I got to take a closer look at the ambulance today.  No worries, just an inspection, not a personal usage. It had been out of the compound for a couple days taking a patient to Dar.  Godwin, the driver, showed me a few things.


First, it has a gurney that locks in place, like any ambulance should.  I noticed it was very secure.  There is an oxygen tank.  It has a hook for an IV bag. 

There are two seats, each bench seating two, and also the passenger seat.





He showed me the cabin too, with its siren and light switches.  Note the round red and white buttons above the air conditioning controls in the photo.


He even turned on the light for me!







 Godwin then showed me the powerful engine under the hood.

“Very powerful,” he said.  The engine runs smoothly at highway speeds.  It is obviously a pleasure to drive.



"And new," meaning reliable!

No comments:

Post a Comment